Don’t Fall Victim to the Holiday Bulge
Defy the odds and prevent the pounds
What’s your strategy this holiday season for preventing weight gain? It’s common for some individuals to gain 5-10 pounds of body fat each holiday season, but it’s not inevitable. You can enjoy the festivities and all the special foods by following these nutrition and diet strategies.
- Eat 4-6 smaller meals rather than save up for one big meal.
- When it comes to dessert, take a bite or two and leave the rest.
- Stay clear of the appetizer table.
- Substitute ingredients for a healthy modification.
- Include 'nutritionally dense' foods on your plate. These are foods that give you the most nutrients for the fewest calories, such as pumpkin and cranberry.
- Bring a healthy side dish to the party such as a veggie tray or fruit platter.
- Be aware of liquid calories from alcohol and fruit juices.
- Plan a workout before a holiday party or big meal.
- Eat slowly. Don’t rush through your meal.
- Keep a food journal.
To learn more about these strategies click here.