Healthy Holiday Eating
Stay heart-healthy with seasonal, healthy foods.
- Eat a healthy snack before attending the obligatory holiday party so you aren’t as tempted.
- Find seasonal, local foods at your farmer’s market.
- Eat more vegetables, to help feel fuller longer so you avoid the sweets.
- Keep munchies at least six feet away.
- Take time to eat, and concentrate on your meal rather than rushing.
- Eat breakfast.
- Have sugar-free mints around all the time.
- Do one thing healthy before you splurge.
- Keep track of what you eat.
- Don’t keep sweets at home. Design a small container to share small samples with your guests.
- Use small plates and smaller serving utensils.
- Pour drinks into tall, skinny glasses.
- Eat with a group of people, rather than alone. You will eat up to 76 percent less.
- Stay positive, don’t put yourself down.
- Avoid fast-food places that use the color red. That can stimulate the appetite and cause you to eat more.