Taco Prep Bowls
Plan lunches or quick dinners for the week
This is high in protein, easy to prepare, great to warm up and healthy. Your main protein can be ground beef or, if you want to keep it super lean, use turkey! You can also add avocado, lettuce or cilantro!
Ingredients: yields 5 servings
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef*
- 2 (1.25-ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 cups of water and cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef or turkey and cook until browned (about 3-5 minutes). Make sure to crumble the meat as it cooks. Next, drain excess fat and stir in taco seasoning.
- Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with ground beef or turkey, black beans, corn and tomatoes.
Calories 127; Fat 12g; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 12g;
Dietary Fiber 1.76g; Sugars 1.12g; Cholesterol 12.4mg; Sodium 825.2mg