Pumpkin Casserole That is Low Carb and Gluten Free
Perfect for October
This is a pumpkin dish perfect for Halloween. It is easy to make, good for you and is perfect as a side dish! Fresh mashed pumpkin can be used, but canned puree makes prep go even faster.
Ingredients: yields 6 servings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine salt, garlic, eggs and cream with whisk.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree and spread mixture into casserole dish (e.g. a 7x11 pan).
- Spoon ricotta cheese over pumpkin mixture then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rosemary, sage
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle on additional Parmesan and salt for each serving if desired.
Calories 160; Fat 12g; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 8g; Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 98mg; Iron 7%; Sodium 171mg; Calcium 10%